Check out “Vampire Facelift ® Procedure. Official Video.” from Charles Runels, MD on Vimeo.
Do You Show These 3 Signs of Aging?
- Skin color becomes gray because of less blood flow. The lively, rosy hue (seen plainly in playing children of every skin color and in young adults) fades to a dull gray.
- Facial shape becomes collapsed and droopy as fat and collagen decrease.
- Skin texture becomes less smooth. As a result, the person looks “worn”, or “tired” or “droopy.”
Why the Vampire?
With many ways to rejuvenate the face, why look for a better way?
Cosmetic surgery can remove excess skin and make the person appear younger. But, a surgical facelift can be more than what’s needed for some people especially when loss of shape without extra skin is the main problem.
When patients are pursuing a facial rejuvenation, they want to treat their shape, texture, color and size. Unlike most procedures, the Vampire Facelift offers a way of restoring shape, and improving tone and texture, as well as literally rejuvenating new and younger tissue!
3 Steps of the Vampire Facelift Procedure
- In the first part of the Vampire Facelift procedure, a Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler (like Juvederm or Restylane) is used to give shape by lifting the skin away from the bone to restore youthful volume in a very specific way.
- About 2 teaspoons of blood are drawn from the patient and using a centrifuge, the (platelet-rich plasma or PRP) is separated from the blood. At least 8 growth factors work like magic to cause increased collagen & new blood flow.
- Using numbing cream and a very small needle (for almost no pain), the patient’s own growth factors are injected back into her face in a particular way. These growth factors then activate multipotent stem cells already in the skin which is tricking them into “thinking” there’s been an injury and new younger tissue is generated. The multipotent stem cells then develop into new collagen, new blood vessels, and new fatty tissue trying to “repair” the skin that was never injured!
The result…younger rejuvenated skin!
How long does the Vampire Facelift last?
Since the Vampire Facial harness’s the body’s natural processes to form new tissue, results are long-lasting. Within 2 to 3 weeks the tissue starts to look full and natural. The effects of the procedure improve for 2 to 3 months and last for at least 1 to 2 years!
The entire procedure itself takes about an hour and is minimally painful and requires little to no recovery time.