Richard V. Balikian, MD, FACS
Richard V. Balikian, MD, FACS
Dr. Balikian is a skilled, double board-certified facial plastic surgeon in Temecula Valley and San Diego, with over 19 years of experience. Dr. Balikian belongs to a very select group of elite cosmetic surgeons with at least six years of specialized surgical training exclusively in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery of the face and neck. During that time, Dr. Balikian has been committed to building patient trust by delivering compassion, expertise, and artistic excellence with natural results.
Dr. Balikian grew up in Boston, Massachusetts. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History from Columbia University in New York City. During his time as an Art History major, Dr. Balikian developed an interest and spent time studying the concepts of beauty throughout history. Dr. Balikian went on to graduate from Boston University Medical School, where he was honored and elected to the AOA Medical Honors Society for graduating in the top ten percent of graduating physicians. After medical school, he completed an internship in General Surgery, followed by four years of residency training in Head and Neck and Facial Plastic Surgery at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. During this time Dr. Balikian developed a keen knowledge of the intricate anatomy of the face, head and neck. He was awarded the prestigious Davidoff Award for achievement in teaching. Dr. Balikian was then personally selected by one of the world’s top cosmetic facial surgeons, to pursue an additional year of fellowship with superior facial cosmetic surgery training.
Dr. Balikian then moved his practice to the Inland Empire in the Temecula Valley and Del Mar. Since 2007 Dr. Balikian has developed a practice based on trust, ability and excellent patient care. He has been awarded the highly regarded Castle Connolly Top Doctors awarded multiple times over these years. He spends time pursuing continued medical education to ensure sure that his patients are always getting world class techniques.
Throughout his career, Dr. Balikian has published numerous articles in medical journals and has authored textbook chapters related to plastic surgery of the face, head and neck. Dr. Balikian also maintains membership in several professional societies. He has been enthusiastically involved with charitable foundations such as the “Face to Face” program, which provides victims of domestic violence pro-bono cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr Balikian credits spending time with his wife and daughter as the keys to being a happy, productive surgeon. In his free time, Dr. Balikian loves to cook and play golf. Quality and compassion combined with expertise and artistic excellence define how Dr Balikian builds trust in his patients. Patient satisfaction is his final reward.
- Double Board Certified: Board Certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Board Certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
- Fellow American College of Surgeons: Awarded fellowship in the American College of Surgeons from surgeons around the world.
- Fellowship-Trained: Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Residency: Head & Neck Surgery & Facial Plastic Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, NY
- MD: Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA
- BA: Art History, Columbia University, New York, NY
- Awards: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Davidoff Award, Castle Connolly Top Doctor
- Charitable Work: “Face to Face” program (provides pro bono cosmetic & reconstructive surgery to victims of domestic violence)
Dr. Balikian serves San Diego, Riverside County and the Inland Empire including Murrieta, Fallbrook, DeLuz, Menifee, Canyon Lake, Escondido, North County San Diego, Vista, Rancho Santa Fe, Corona, Ontario and Riverside.